Looking forward to another incredible weekend of worship,
prayer, and fun together at Embrace! This will be our 3rd annual retreat, and
I’m pretty sure it keeps getting better each time.
This weekend we’ll be diving into the story of Jonah (pun
intended). This is a story about one of God’s chosen-people who is sent to a
rebellious nation; a people far from God; to share a message of repentance.
In this story, God asks Jonah to do one thing. It was a hard
thing, it was out of his comfort zone, and it was the last thing he wanted to
do – but it was still just one thing. Is there one thing that God is asking of
you this season? Are you listening? Are you responding to God saying “I will”
or “I won’t”?
Jonah’s story is all about him changing his heart and mind
from “I won’t” to “I will”.
Our story is perhaps just the same today. God is asking us
to do one thing. Often it’s hard, and uncomfortable, and may seem even
unreasonable, but it’s just one thing. We will experience incredible pain,
struggle, confusion, and then joy, understanding, healing; as we cross over
from “I won’t” to “I will”. We may have a season of running from God, we may
hit ‘rock-bottom’ in one way or another, but my prayer is that at the end of it
all, we would find our way to saying “I will” and then following God whatever
it might take.
This weekend I’ll share more of my story, and I hope to hear
yours as well, as we come before the throne of God together and ask Him “What
is the one thing you want me to do?”
Post by Jacob Chandler - MoveIn
No comments:
Post a Comment