A
Gentle Tap
Last year, I went to EMBRACE.
I don’t know why I went. Maybe, I felt like I
had to or maybe I was just longing for quietness and dedicated time to learn
and be with Jesus. I knew that it would be good. So I signed up.
Sometimes God is funny! On Friday night, after
the long-term missionaries, Dave & Louise, shared their story of embrace
with God, I wanted more. Who is this Holy Spirit and how do I not know
Him?
All Saturday afternoon during
tubing/cross-country/outside time, I sat with my Bible and journal.
Longing. Aching. Ready - to know this God in a new/fresh way.
I pleaded with Him – asking him to reveal to me what I was doing wrong or any
sin in my life that was holding me back from true communion and relationship
with Him. Still... nothing!
On Saturday night, I was frustrated – frustrated
that I wasn't “experiencing God" in the ways others were.
I sat in the back – refusing to worship honestly and pray with others. I
had a terrible attitude. It was then that God met me!
During the prayer time,
another participant gently tapped me on the shoulder and asked to pray with
me. Through this person, God convicted me – of my lack of trust and my
unwillingness to trust. I was holding on to my plan/my understandings/my
comfort and refused to give these up. Fear filled me. I knew I was weak
and angry with God. But God met me! He didn't come in
like a storm, pushing me down. He just gently tapped me on the shoulder
and embraced me – showing me his mercy, forgiveness, and grace, and asking
me to trust. He is a good and loving Father!
Post by Heather - Young Adults Leadership at Waterloo MB Church

No comments:
Post a Comment